Monday, September 5, 2011

"When you came in the air went out...

...and every shadow filled up with doubt."

When I read last weeks Location, Location challenge at Scrapz this song immediately popped into my head! It is the theme song to my favourite TV show, True Blood. The challenge involved scrapping about what we watch on TV, and we needed to include a screen, a clock and part of a TV program.

I had the whole layout planned out in my head from the beginning but had a bit of trickiness with getting the blood drips to work out as planned. I had done something similar for a friends birthday card with mists but it didn't have the depth I wanted. Then I recalled seeing a drip technique on Melinda Thompson's blog. She used spray paint but suggested watered down paint would work too. It was fabulous, much easier though it took a while to dry!

I have matted my photo to look like a flat screen TV, added a clock and a small part of the TV guide with True Blood highlighted.  Also lots of gorgeous Purple Pumpkin embellishments - the hearts, the spotty dots and the cabouchons.
























I have used vellum to add the lyrics to the theme song "Bad Things" by Jace Everett on the side:

When you came in the air went out.
And every shadow filled up with doubt.
I don’t know who you think you are,
But before the night is through,
I wanna do bad things with you.
I’m the kind to sit up in his room.
Heart sick an’ eyes filled up with blue.
I don’t know what you’ve done to me,
But I know this much is true:
I wanna do bad things with you.
When you came in the air went out.
And all those shadows there filled up with doubt.
I don’t know who you think you are,
But before the night is through,
I wanna do bad things with you.
I wanna do real bad things with you.
Ow, ooh.
I don’t know what you’ve done to me,
But I know this much is true:
I wanna do bad things with you.
I wanna do real bad things with you.

Next up the challenge is our scrap rooms - untidied!!! I think that will call for some creative photography!

Thanks for visiting!
Fiona
x

3 comments:

  1. Awesome page Fiona! Very cool effect with the dripping paint! Great work!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LURVE it!!!!! The paint effect looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW!!!! I am soooo glad you gave this a go!! It totally rocks and is so worth it! And I am really digging all the PP embellies too! Stunning work Fiona! :))xx

    ReplyDelete