Friday, January 6, 2012

Daring You To Scrap

I felt like scrapping last night so checked out a few challenge blogs for inspiration and found a new one called Daring You To Scrap. The challenge is to use your scraps to make a background for a layout. Sounded like fun and it was! I sort my scraps into ranges which made it easy to put a page together but I did mix it up a little. 

I used one of the hundreds of photos I already have printed out and came up with this:


All about Zane losing his first baby tooth, he had been waiting for it to happen ever since he started school at the beginning of last year and he finally got a loose one just after he turned 6 in November. He wiggled it so much it was out the next day!!



I am totally loving gorgeous handmade embellishments at the moment especially these cute felt ones from Rainbow Splendour and cute spotty buttons by Purple Pumpkin.


Loved this challenge, think I might do another layout with scraps, I definitely have plenty!!

Fiona
 

11 comments:

  1. A fabulous way to use up your scraps Fiona! I love the way your background came together :) Also BIG congrats on your exciting news, I'm sure you will be a wonderful addition to the STG team!!
    Aga xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous page Fiona! Love the background! Love the Rainbow Splendour bits in there too!! :-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge & your page looks fabulous Fiona!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page Fiona! I love that it's done with scraps...a great way to use them up!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Page Fiona, you aced this challenge. Thanks for giving the Dare a go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout created form scraps Fiona... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What an awesome page!!! I love using up scraps - I find that I become more creative when doing so. It's very satisfying too! :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment...this is fab ~ I looove PP spotties, too ~ & popping yr scrap paper into ranges is a great idea...TFS that tip. Saw this new blog ~ you've inspired me:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun, cool page. Love it!
    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your little spinning wheel, cute layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of scraps, Fiona!!!
    We are going through the same thing with wobbly teeth!
    They get so excited about it falling out, don't they???
    Thanks for playing along at Daring you to Scrap!

    ReplyDelete