Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Top 12

Hello everyone

2012 was an exciting year for me scrapping wise as I got my first Design Team/Creative Team spots with 2Crafty and Scrap the Girls. 

I have had a look over my layouts for the year and have picked my favourite12 of 2012, in no particular order.

First up, Choc Tops - I love the white paint that I have used on my background to represent the dripping ice-cream and the hints of pink and mint. 


Just be You is very special as it was featured on the cover of Scrapbook Creations Issue no. 94. My boy was born with a cleft lip, so to see his smiling face gracing the cover of a magazine was a huge highlight of 2012 for me :)


 I have chosen this layout of Lily in Strike a Pose as I love the mixed media background and hope to play around with this style more next year.


The simple, clean lines of Make the Most of Every Moment and the earthy colours landed this layout in my top picks.



 I adore this close up of Lily, these gorgeous girlie papers and the fabulous 2Crafty butterflies in You are so Beautiful


I love the white space and masking along with the hints of bright colours on kraft in Happy Birthday.


 This photo is possibly my most favourite photo this year - my Mum was taking some photos and the kids both decided to kiss me unprompted. So very special, they mean the world to me and I took a while to find just the right papers and embellishments for Home is Where your Heart is.


Such a fun layout, I used actual bubble mix and ink to create the background for Bubble Fun, I love the effect.



One of my earlier layouts from this year, Good Bye Baby Tooth was for a challenge to use up scraps and I adore the mish mash of patterned papers.


 It could be the cute baby photo of Lily celebrating her first Christmas or the fabulous colours in this older crate paper Christmas range but I just love my I believe in Santa layout.


 The bold colours and simple, clean design see Cherish make the top 12.



And my final layout, The Magic of You is a whimsical, pretty page and I love the 2Crafty fairy so much. The layout just makes me smile :)



Well that is my favourite 12 for this year, quite the variety of styles... not sure I could ever limit myself to scrapping just one style though. 

Looking forward to lots of scrapping in 2013! 

Fiona
x

7 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous, Fiona!! Love your style :-) :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous selection of projects Fiona! Wishing you lots of love and happiness for 2013. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects, Fiona :)- I've really enjoyed perusing everyone's favorites lists and am working on my own. Such a treat to look at a bunch of work all in one post!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, each of these is SO wonderful!!! You have such a fun style, keep up the amazing work :) :)
    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pleasure to find your blog and see your 12 beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower. I liked your work on the 2Crafty blog today (esp. the bubble one, with the twine-wrapped circle), so I decided to check out your blog.

    This is a nice collection of "top layouts" for the past year. I'm especially inspired by the first one, with its creamy colors and paint drips--perfect touches for an ice cream page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful showcase. Love your clean lines and mixed colours/papers. So appealing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete