Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The day it decided to rain...

Hello again

Back again with more holiday layouts, there is going to be a few for a while. 

Today is a layout of the magnificent Neuschwanstein Castle in the Bavarian Alps of Germany. I was so looking forward to seeing this castle which Ludwig II had started to build - but never finished before he died in mysterious circumstances! It is also the castle that inspired Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland. 

Unfortunately it was the first day of rain we had on our holiday and it absolutely bucketed down when we arrived at the castle, where we had to walk part way up, as the buses didn't have access all the way to the top. We headed to Marienbrück, the bridge from where you get the best view of the whole castle. The fog and rain made getting a shot almost impossible and they are all quite dark and eerie! Coming down from the bridge to tour the inside of the castle I had a clearish moment that enabled me to get this photo, the best of the many I attempted while trying to keep my camera and me dry!


Thank goodness they sell postcards at these places! 

In the end, the photo works well with the subdued colours in the papers and the cute crown washi tape I had in my stash, so I am pretty happy with may layout. I guess I will just have to go back again one day and get the sunny day shot.

Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments on my recent layouts. 

Fiona
x

 

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing castle, what a great photo.. and love the colors and design of your layout too.. very elegant and regal for that gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can just imagine the places you saw on holiday. Incredible! Gorgeous page Fiona :).

    ReplyDelete