Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scrap Around the World Challenge

Hello everyone

Todays share is a layout I created for the challenge site Scrap Around the World. It's the first time I've played along over there - it's a fab mood board, which gives you heaps of starting points to get the creativity flowing. 

Don't Over Think It!: 

Ok I didn't over think this one, I used some scrap papers, they're not all straight edges, instead I just stuck them down. I did take a bit of time with the background, reminding me once I again that I do enjoy playing with the mixed media backgrounds and do need to do it more!!
 



Another perspective:



Some of the detail; masking & stamping, butterflies and twine around the flair button.


The other side, another twine wrapped flair badge and a bit of washi with butterflies. You can just see the green journaling spot which has some hidden advice to myself!

 


This is the mood board picture:


The title is what inspired me immediately, and I had this perfect photo! The blues from the butterflies and of course the butterflies themselves. The crackle inspired the mixed media background for texture and the coils inspired the twine around the flair buttons.

Thanks for looking
Fiona
x






4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout! Love your composition and the picture! Thank you so much for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet stunning. I like it a lot. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combo of chevrons and floral patterns, stunning effect indeed! Thank you for playing along with our SATW moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful background! Great colors and nice photo. Thank you for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete