Monday, November 16, 2015

Favourite City - SUYS November Challenge

Hello everyone

I spent Friday night online, checking out Pinterest and reading reviews on TripAdvisor planning the Paris part of our trip next year. Saturday's news was devastating, so much tragedy in so many parts of the world, but I will admit Paris hit me hardest in light of planning our return trip there. 

Then I happened upon the latest challenge over at Show Us your Stuff and it was a travel theme. Perfect. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap, a photo from my last visit to Paris. 

This is the challenge:



Favourite City




The map paper is from October Afternoons Travel Girl range and is a map of Paris. If you look to the left of my photo you can see I have placed it next to the Eiffel Tower on the map! My travel words are from Kaisercraft's Wanderlust collection - love this paper with various words.  



I've used a few different handmade embellishments on my page. This stunning heart from Charms Creations


and this adorable conversation bubble from {scrAp-this!}



and the wood veneer word favourite (it's so nice to be able to use this word without the american spelling) from Flutterby Designs, which I have inked and added a small red heart in place of the tittle (the dot) in the letter "i".



Thanks for stopping by
Fiona
x

8 comments:

  1. your LO is so nice ! thanks for your love for our country, besides all what happened this week end
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona your layout is fantastic, and one of my fave subjects too. I'm so glad the challenge inspired you. Enjoy your trip next year. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is cool! How awesome that you had the matching paper to work with your picture perfectly! It was meant to be! :) Thanks for playing along at SUYS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love everything about this layout! The colours, that map paper, the embellies & of course that pic. Enjoy planning your next trip & thanks for joining us over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super!!! i love this .. just perfect. thank you for playing at show us your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page - love how the map paper works so perfectly!
    Thanks for playing at SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic Fiona! (And so poignant in light of recent events.) I love the photo, the design, the embellishments you have used...FAB work! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Paris too and also hope to return soon. Gorgeous LO, that paper couldn't be more perfect. Thanks for taking the SUYS challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete